Thursday, April 2, 2015

Spoonflower Southwest Baby Bedding Contest

I recently entered a fabric design contest hosted by Spoonflower with Southwest Baby Bedding for the theme. I made it into the top 10 out of 400+ designs. (Thank you to all who voted for me!) I had a lot of fun working through the design direction and enjoyed the research and sketching process. You can see some of my sketchbook pics below. I used french curves to establish the stylized fox and rabbits and it was also a chance for me to explore a color palette that I initially wasn't very comfortable working in. In the end, I was very happy with the results–it feels playful and cohesive and I have enough elements to build a full collection around. 









1 comment:

  1. love to see the process take shape - congrates on your top ten woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete