Sunday, October 16, 2011

Bee Bottom Designs - Logo

My husband and I came up with the name Bee Bottom in 2009 on a drive to New Hampshire. I didn't know I would be doing letterpress at the time, but I did know that I wanted to start getting into surface design and textile design. Originally I was going to have it be BeeBottomPress. But then the more I thought about it, I didn't want the name to sound limiting since I would still be doing the design. Hopefully this is the right decision. The photos below show some of the initial sketches and then the final. I love "Bee Bottom" for a number of reasons. First, it's fun to say! But also because the "bottom" or stinger can represent a sewing needle, a pen, pencil, etc. I also love Bees and how they all work together for the greater good. It's like when everyone does a little, it can make a big difference. My goal is that someday, the little items I make can at some point give back by donating a percentage of my profits to charities. That's the goal anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment