Monday, October 10, 2011

A Pearl of a Press-Restoration Progress

It was so exciting to see these photos. The press is so beautiful. And I love that John tries to keep as much of the original paint and surface as possible. It's all part of the charm of using one of these pieces of history. I keep thinking about all the jobs it printed so many years ago. I can't wait to hear the gentle clang of her gears as I now print my projects.  Enjoy the pics below!

I'm working on getting the space ready to start my studio. We have a 500 square foot attic, but it's not finished off. AND, we have a lot of stuff up there. Needless to say it's a ton of work and I only have a few weeks left to get an area done and set up for press. It will be a work in progress I'm sure. My husband will be helping me make one end of it into a temporary room so that I can keep an area heated in the winter and cool come summer time. Don't want the ink to get all wacky if the temp is too extreme. 

No comments:

Post a Comment